The d:fine™ 4266 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone combines the legendary sound of the d:fine™ 4066 Omnidirectional Capsule with a lightweight and flexible headset system. This condenser mic is easy and fast to adjust and it offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom. The capsule itself is the same type as the d:fine™ 4066, but is attached to an interchangeable boom arm.
Legendary sound – flexible headset
- Pristine audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting to the left or right
- Minimal visual impact
- Resistant to humidity
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
Like all of the microphones in the range, the d:fine™ 4266 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities. Users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion.
This microphone is available as an earset (d:fine™ 4166) or headset (d:fine™ 4266). Earset variants are the quickest to put on and often the best choice when miking needs to be fast and easy for example for conference use. Headset variants sit more securely around the head and are ideal for active performance situations where the person wearing the headset won’t feel the presence of the microphone. Both types are ergonomically designed to fit comfortably and easily. This mic adjusts to fit any ear size and head shape while at the same time it mounts securely and is hardly visible. By rotating the boom and the ear hook, the microphone can be easily used on either the left or the right ear. The connector splits the cable from the microphone boom allowing you to swap broken cables and / or wireless connectors quickly.
Three boom lengths are available to accommodate different applications and head sizes: 40 mm (1.6 in), 90 mm (3.5 in) and 110 mm (4.3 in). The 110 mm (4.3 in) is the standard choice for most users.
Legacy or CORE by DPA – The choice is yours
CORE by DPA is a powerful new technology at the heart of our miniature microphones. We’ve minimized distortion. From a whisper to a scream, you will experience increased clarity and openness.
The legacy d:fine™ 4266 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone has always been, and still is, one of the most clear, consistent and robust miniature microphones you can find on the market. It’s known for working across a wide dynamic range as well as exhibiting low distortion across all SPLs. If you need to squeeze a little more performance out of your mics, choose CORE. The d:fine™ CORE 4266 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone gets a 14 dB increase in Dynamic range as the 1% THD point is higher. What can’t be seen on the specifications is that the CORE delivers an even more open and clear sound.
Total harmonic distortion: < 1% THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
Dynamic range: Typ. 111 dB
CORE by DPA availability
The d:fine™ 4266 Omnidirectional Headset Microphoneis available with CORE by DPA. The earset version (d:fine™ 4166) will be available with CORE in May 2018.
A bit about omnis
An omnidirectional microphone has sensitivity at all angles – in principle picking up sound equally from all directions. This gives you extremely natural and realistic sound compared to a cardioid mic. Omni mics are often used for picking up ambient sounds, as well as miking a large sound source such as a choir in a recording situation. Unfortunately, due to their pickup pattern, omnis can also produce a lot of feedback in live situations.
Nonetheless, we recommend that you try a DPA omni first because, when used close to the sound source, the equal frequency response makes these mics a flexible addition in your audio toolbox. It will often give a more natural sound, it can handle extremely high sound pressure levels, it does not suffer from proximity effect and is not as sensitive to wind, pop or handling noise.
Adapter system gives you flexibility
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a completely new microphone. When you make the switch, you won’t hear any loss or change in sound quality.
The d:fine™, d:screet™ and d:vote™ series of miniature microphones work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Zaxcom and many more. DPA Microphones’ ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. It protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
- Directional pattern Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation Pressure
- Cartridge type Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4 Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL) Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) – Legacy < 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) – CORE < 1% THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range – Legacy Typ. 97 dB
- Dynamic range – CORE Typ. 111 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping 144 dB
- Output impedance From MicroDot: 30 – 40 Ω. From DAD6001: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance) Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector MicroDot
- Color Black, beige or brown
- Physical dimensions …
- Weight Single Ear: 10 g (0.35 oz)
- Weight, Dual Ear ….
- Microphone diameter 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length 1.25 m (4.1 ft)
- Cable color Black, beige or brown
- Cable diameter 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive-going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Temperature range -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH) Up to 90%